[SunRescue] PHP/MySQL/Apache for Solaris...

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 10:19:34 CDT 2001

> <basedir> was used to avoid typing - it is /export/home/ken/nusphere in
> every instance...

ah, ok, nevermind then. :)

> I think it wants an Ultra - damnit. I can do it, but I wanted to get this
> installed on my SS/5-170.

well, it doesn't want an ultra, but it definitely won't run on your sparc5
which is a V7 CPU.  got a sparc20 laying around to try it on?

> I'll try an Ultra system next. The box has a mysterious reference to "Sun
> Solaris 2.6 on SPARC III" as the supported SPARC/Solaris platform. Hmm...

SPARC III, hmm, i wonder what that translates to in "real" CPU names.

> If this runs on an Ultra, I'm set - if not, I get to ddnace with Tech.
> Support I guess...

it will run on an ultra, yes, since ultra is V9 and meets your requirements of
being at least V8+

cheers,

-brian