[SunRescue] need SGI Personal Iris 4d/35 help

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 08:13:47 CDT 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Dan Debertin wrote:

> You can do serial. No null modem adapter needed. My 4D/35 doesn't even
> have video hardware, and I'm able to use it without problems.
>
> (Provided you don't consider an SGI machine without video in itself a
> "problem" ;)
>
> > i would love to run the one headed, but not right now, so
> > where to i stick a serial console, and what magic wand do i need to
> > wave to make it all work?
>
> Serial port one. It's DB9 female.

Brian,
I have a 9 pin to 25 pin adaptor I hacked up a bit to fit that serial port
(had to remove the shield to get it to fit for some reason).  Stop by and
get it - I won't use it for anything and should have brought it with me
when dropping those 4D/35's off but forgot.

-Linc.

--
  9:11am  up 42 days, 21:09,  5 users,  load average: 1.79, 1.68, 1.67