[SunRescue] Rack question...

Steve Haavik rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 07:51:44 CDT 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> What should the transport charge be for an empty six foot rack from CA to
> NJ? It will be packed onto a pallet for shipment. Anyone have any exp.? More
> importantly, anyone know of a source for such equipment in the
> NY/NJ/PA/DE/MD corridor? (I am assuming the price will be less locally for
> surplus...)

I think we used to buy them from GrayBar (http://www.graybar.com) they
have offices all over. I'm not sure what they charge for a relay rack but
they list for around $150 in the Data Comm Warehouse catalog. The
bolt-together aluminum racks where reasonably light and easy to put
together.

--
Steve Haavik
Sailor Operations Center