[SunRescue] Rack question...

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 22:57:29 CDT 2001

> I want a large (six foot +/-) rack, in good shape for my basement - I have a
> line on one, but it is on the wrong coast (it's in Sunnyvale, CA, I'm
> outside Princeton, NJ)...

that's a haul, i'm in eastern PA, so if you find one closer i'll help you pick
it up. :)

> The cost is $100 for the rack, $50 delivery fee for the truck (since I don't
> have a loading dock/forklift) plus shipping charges.
> This rack was a Bodoman special on eBay that got *no* bids.

racks aren't that popular with the eBay crowd i'm assuming.

> What should the transport charge be for an empty six foot rack from CA to
> NJ? It will be packed onto a pallet for shipment. Anyone have any exp.? More
> importantly, anyone know of a source for such equipment in the
> NY/NJ/PA/DE/MD corridor? (I am assuming the price will be less locally for
> surplus...)

i'm just guessing, since i don't know how much this thing weighs, but judging
from what i know about 19" cabinets, a rough estimate of around $150-$300 from
someone like Yellow (www.yellowfreight.com) give a call, have weight and
dimentions and they should be able to give you a quote over the phone.

> (If it matters, the Rack is an old Sun Rack!)

of _course_ it matters!

-brian