[SunRescue] Rescued a Model 712/60

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 19:55:48 CDT 2001

> Which SGI mips boxen do you have?  If they are r3k based or indigos, then
> they probably won't ever be worked on.  Otherwise, unless you really are
> rolling in dough, linux probably already runs.  Depends on which box you
> have how well it runs, but that's always the way it is...

i've got a set of Personal Iris 4d/35s.  one will run IRIX and the other will
be used for my porting effort to get NetBSD on them.  i realize that pretty
much the entire burden of getting these things working is on my shoulders, but
i hope to at least generate some interest and get a little help.  and i don't
really care if i never get the video working since if you're gonna have an SGI
box with video it really outta be running IRIX for that pretty GUI. :)

-brian