[SunRescue] My darn Axil 245... (again) - 72 Pin Memory FS/FT

Marc ZYNGIER rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 10:27:13 CDT 2001

>>>>> "Kenneth" == Kenneth Dunn <luser at xtra.co.nz> writes:

Kenneth> I have an Alpha Server 1000a 5/300 and although the documents
Kenneth> state that it requires 5 SIMMs per bank it only has 4 36 bit
Kenneth> SIMMS per bank with the ECC banks being empty. I purchased it
Kenneth> like that, so I assume there is someway to turn off ECC.

Because that's a 1000A. Much nicer machine...

The AS1000 (at least my 4/200) won't even POST, let alone enter the
SRM, without all 5 SIMMs per bank... Too bad.

Anyway... Anyone knows of a place in Europe where I can get my hands
on a 5/300 AS1000 CPU board ? 4/200 fells a bit slow... Even my U1/140
runs rings around it...

	M.
--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.