[SunRescue] Rescued a Model 712/60

Ken Caruso rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 21:05:29 CDT 2001

Hello All,

	I just rescued a HP 712/60 without a CD-Rom or floppy. It has
HP/UX installed but I do not have root for the machine. Couple of
questions:

	Does anyone have any reccomendations for OS, HP-UX is one of the
few mainstream commercial unices I have never dabbled with. I would
imagine NetBSD would scream on it. It has 64m of ram.

	Can I boot of a PC-SCSI cdrom or Sun CDROM, I have both.

	Any thing worth mentioning in general with these machines?

	Any easy way to root this box from the console without booting
from cdrom or floppy? I guess depending on how old the version of HP-UX
is, it might be easier to break in from the network (it does have dhcp
enabled :).

Thanks

Ken Caruso
ipl31 at ipl31.net