[SunRescue] OT: Laptop - RAM Query

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 14:09:24 CDT 2001

If the list can suffer one more off-topic question: Laptops and RAM

The 'best' laptops money can buy seem to be made by Dell and Gateway - but
their RAM available seems to top out at "only" 512 mb.  (The desktops we own
have 768mb RAM and we need every bit of it).

ARE there laptops available that have the option to install more RAM than
512mb?

Why Do I Need to Know?
The CAD tools we use require an obscene amount of RAM to function.  We're
being blessed with the opportunity to purchase some laptops to replace the
designer's desktop systems (Lucky us!) . . . but there is concern that 512mb
won't be 'enough'.  Money is a concern, but we have the money to spend, if
we need it.  Yes, I'm looking, but not having much luck.

Brian
brian.dunbar at plexus.com

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.