DNS Security (was: RE: [SunRescue] hosts file And DNS files??)

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 12:41:50 CDT 2001

[ On Tuesday, May 29, 2001 at 09:42:53 (+0100), David Cantrell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: DNS Security (was: RE: [SunRescue] hosts file And DNS files??)
>
> Please beat:
>
>   print 'hello world'
>
> for simple, quick and elegant :-)

OK:

	'hello world' printString

(which is kind of redundant, but the other obvious example would be one
token longer :-)

> BTW, I define 'elegant' as being some combination of:
>   no more complex than is necessary
>   no larger than is necessary
>   easy to read

There's far more to "elegance" than just that.  Think more of how a
mathematician might use the word.

> which do, of course, conflict.

Yup, thus the beauty of Smalltalk since it achives probably the highest
possible code reuse, and is arguably the most readable code (certainly is
with the built-in IDE :-).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>