[SunRescue] Re: Sparc 10SX on eBay

Chris Powell rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 03:46:50 CDT 2001

On Fri, 25 May 2001 19:50:51 -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Yeah, well, if the base is bad, there sure were a lot of goodies in there,
> like an U/W SCSI card, a SCSI-I card (as best as I can figure it), a
> thoroughly disposable CPU (at least it has a cache, so SM41+), and 7 SIMMs,
> plus the SS/10 VSIMM.

Looks like a 8M VSIMM from the picture (RAM on the back of the VSIMM card).
This will give 24-bit support above 1152x900.

I won a SS10SX on eBay earlier this month, so perhaps they are not that
rare.... I paid $162 for my SS10SX, though that was a worker and had the
second 13W3 connector on a plug-in card, though that needs another VSIMM
to be useful.

Very funky/unusual/geeky machines.

Chris.