[SunRescue] Xyplex help

Mark Price rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 27 21:22:17 CDT 2001

Hello list.  I recently rescued a Xyplex MAXserver 1608.. this thing has
16
serial ports on it.  Now the problem is I am trying to figure out how to
use it.
It has a PCMCIA slot, but no card..  I'm wondering if I can netboot it.
I've
done some Google searching and it seems that this thing should boot via
bootp or rarp, but I haven't found any specific instructions yet.
Awhile back,
someone posted a tarball, at www.psychoses.org/1600Documentation.tar.gz
I think...  This just seems to have a few release notes and how to
insert a
SIMM instructions.

Does anyone have any further documentation or tips?  any help would be
greatly appreciated!  thanks

Mark
Raleigh, NC