[SunRescue] S100 BUS

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 19:32:35 CDT 2001

[ On Saturday, May 26, 2001 at 20:19:14 (+0100), Kevin Lee wrote: ]
> Subject: [SunRescue] S100 BUS
>
> I actually owned a working Northstar in Canada over 15 years ago. It did  use
> the wierd hard sector format floppies.   It was an S100 BUS machine. I  loved it
> It even came with a FORTRAN/COBOL compiler, and of course BASICA.  CPM a
> nice OS.
>
> AH....S100 BUS machines those were the days.   I really miss my
> OSBOURNE & KAYPRO SNIFF.....

The first computer I ever used was a Sol-20 with dual Northstar floppy
disks and Northstar BASIC.

It had 56KB static RAM and a 64x16 display terminal!

We eventually even got a UCSD Pascal system for it!  Oh bliss!  Oh Joy!

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>