[SunRescue] Sparc 10SX on eBay

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 25 19:08:42 CDT 2001

> Yeah, well, if the base is bad, there sure were a lot of goodies in there,
> like an U/W SCSI card, a SCSI-I card (as best as I can figure it), a
> thoroughly disposable CPU (at least it has a cache, so SM41+), and 7
SIMMs,
> plus the SS/10 VSIMM.

The card on top is not SCSI it is an S-Bus to VME card. I would bet that
machine came from the same place as mine. (mine came from LA also) The
memory will be all SS10 memory. However the VSIMM should be 8 MB. All in all
still a steal at $102.50

You will also need to reset the NVRAM to defaults cuz somebody changes all
sorts of stuff including the OEM banner. (of course if it came from
somewhere else I could be totally wrong)

Mike N