[SunRescue] Tape drive

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 22 18:16:50 CDT 2001

xds_sigma7 at hotmail.com writes:

>Yep, and I own a DECsystem-2020 even... hehe...

Do you have a drive for the KS? That seems to be a sticking point for
most of the 10 enthusiasts...

>But for multics you'd need a
>DPS-8, which is a CPU rack, a tape drive rack, and some big ass disk drives,
>and also a FEP which happens to be a DPS-6..

Alright, three racks and a few washing machines. That's doable.

Actually, the RICM (Rhode Island Computer Museum (yes, RI has *two*
serious computer collections - maybe it's something in the water))
has a decent sized Honeywell, but I'm not sure if it's a Multics box
or not. I'll have to pester them about that...

-- david fischer -- dave at cca.org -- www.cca.org -- Cthulhu told me to. --