[SunRescue] multics is dead, long live multics!

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 22 12:40:24 CDT 2001

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Tuesday, May 22, 2001 at 09:00:13 (-0400), Joshua D. Boyd wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Tape drive
> >
> > Is anyone releasing the Mutlics code to public domain?  Maybe we could
> > port it to sparc.
>
> It's written in PL/1.  So's the PL/1 compiler for it.

Hmm, PL/1.  I remeber some people telling me about the exploits they
hacked out it that.  I think I'll pass.

I think that some people do things on computers to gross each other out
(like programming a complete OS in forth starting from only the boot
monitor on a Sun), and from what I've heard, working in PL/1 might just
fall into that category.

--
Joshua Boyd