[SunRescue] Off Topic: Rescuing my Sun

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 22 07:59:32 CDT 2001

Remember, they provide you with software to run for the setup of the
connection - now, that won't typically need a 700 MHz CPU, but it could be
some real piggy software...

When I set up my DSL line, I used a brand new "frankenstein" box to
configure the line, and I am glad I did, their software installed a putrid
version of Netscape that *insists* I log in everytime I access the internet,
even though I am already logged on. Then every browser window that pops up
after that requires same, untill I reboot the machine.

If I avoid their browser, this is a non-issue (thanks to cable/dsl router
appliance) - but once I touch it, I have to reboot...

What a PITA!

Ken