[SunRescue] PCRetro and Ultra 1 questions (was: Twentieth Anniversary Mac (was SparcStationVoyager....))

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 17:09:50 CDT 2001

Re: PCRetro--
They've been putting a pretty good amount of
UNIX-related stuff on eBay lately--they had a
NIB 4.3GB UW disk (HP OEM) last week that they
wanted some un-reasonable reserve for, but
they're who I just won the Ultra 1/170 from
(incentive was that I can just go pick it up
instead of dealing with shipping.)

Related question (which I really should have known
the answer to long ago, but never bothered):
What's the canonical list of *real* differences
between an Ultra 1/170 and a 1/170E?  Not sure
which one I really got, but 'twould be nice to
know.

Second related question which I really should have
known more about before--are all the Creator 2D/3D
cards either UPA or PCI?  IIRC I heard of an
SBus variant at some point, but it may only have
been a prototype or a drug-induced hallucination.

--
Rip Loomis
Brainbench MVP for Internet Security