[SunRescue] Confused SS5 booting -- drive ID?

Gregory Leblanc rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 12:06:04 CDT 2001

On 21 May 2001 12:27:30 -0400, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
> My confused SS5 is still not booting correctly on non Solaris
> (Net/OpenBSD) installs.
>
> I just opened it up and it appears both drives have ID=0.
> Is this correct for SS5 drives?  Seems a bit off...
>
> Is the SS5 drive backplane prewired for drive ID?

If I remember correctly, the SS5 uses about the same drive backplane as
the SS20.  80-pin SCA connector right?  The jumpers on the drive can be
pretty much ignored, since SCA (Single Connector Architecture) provides
SCSI data, power, and SCSI ID all through the same connector.  Ask your
PROM for what the IDs really are.  The lower driver is probably 3, and
the upper drive 0.  You could also look on the backplane, but I think
the ID jumpers were abit hard to see...
    Greg

--
Troll, troll, troll your post