[SunRescue] Off Topic: Rescuing my Sun

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 09:35:18 CDT 2001

Bill wrote:
> The $baby_bell I work for uses Iron Mountain for off-side tape storage
> and Comdisco for disaster recovery.  They even fly a sysadmin team off-site
> twice a year to do a full recovery "just in case".

Lots of big and small companies use Comdisco, since they have a wide range
of services. The fortune 50 companies I've been at as a consultant used them
with complete cold sites (data centers w/ systems configured exactly like
the stuff in the HQ data center) for recovery while the tiny startups used
them for holding onto tapes (and also for leasing equipment!)

-Jon