[SunRescue] SparcStation Voyager Serial Port Strangeness

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 08:27:45 CDT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Huh?  I have no flatpanel Unix workstations...where did you see this
> box, specifically?

OK, there was a flat-panel monitor there that you were poking at while
eating your sub.  You had your back towards your dining room
(Cray) wall.  In between your table and the refrigerator  was a big blue
computer that I *think* you said was as SGI.  For some reason, I was under
the impression that was what was driving that flat panel display you had
going.

>   Huge multi cpu HP box?  My only multi cpu HP box is an I70, about
> 1.5'x1.5'...tiny.  If that's huge to you, you and I need to take a
> little trip. :)

The HP box was your friends (he was working on it anyway) in the middle of
the floor next to the table.  If I remember, it was plugged in to the side
of your counter that juts out into the living room.  Anyway, that thing
had to be almost 3' rectangular unless my imaginations are getting away
with me.  I just remember thinking that was the biggest *pc-type* machine
I had seen in a long time.  Now as far as huge, I do recall seeing your
Vaxes in the warehouse and the Cray in the diningroom - they *are* big :-)

Cheers!
-Linc.

--
  9:16am  up 32 days, 21:14,  4 users,  load average: 2.18, 1.90, 1.84