[SunRescue] Off Topic: Rescuing my Sun

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 02:04:38 CDT 2001

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 02:31:00AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> And finally, the $64K question - "How hard are you going to work to get a
> Sun4c system up?" What would it mean if they never booted again???

I find it kinda sad that even I have almost that viewpoint today - unless
special/rare/etc, I wont collect anything under Ultra-1 level these days,
unless its a nice SS10 or SS20, or like the Sun-2 I've got (and need to
fire up one of these days).  SS1s and 2s are nice and such, but if I got
a truckload of them today, i'd just pile them up in the garage.. I wont
throw them out, but I wont dedicate a ton of time into dealing with them,
either...

On the other hand, you have kids out there who would KILL for this kinda
stuff to play with.. like I used to be. *sniff*

bill (I still remember my first SS1..)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net