[SunRescue] SparcStation Voyager Serial Port Strangeness

Graham Hughes rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 20 19:42:10 CDT 2001

    Bill> As for X on a 16mb machine, I ran X, Netscape, and had
    Bill> multiple users logged in remotely to my SPARCstation 1, for
    Bill> about a year - I *thought* it "ran fine" at the time, but
    Bill> then, I was comparing it to my 486-66 and was wowed by the
    Bill> fact that I had a Sun workstation on my desk. 8-)

Speaking as someone with an SLC at work that he uses on a regular
basis, 16 mb with NetBSD is a little slow--it's not as responsive as
my 650 Athlon workstation.  But after you pop up an xterm, typing into
it is just as responsive as anything else, and as a login terminal it
works beautifully.

The SLC is underpowered compared to an SS1.
--
Graham Hughes <ghughes at lynda.com>
(defun whee (n e) (subseq (let ((c (cons e e))) (nconc c c)) 0 n))