[SunRescue] Tape drive

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 20 02:12:06 CDT 2001

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 02:21:18AM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Tandberg MLR is one of the only other formats to give DLT a run for the
> money....  Excellent tape handling (better even than QIC), and parallel
> linear recording just like DLT.  Incredible tape life.  Even more
> incredible drive life.  (Probably better than CD-ROM even!)

I would be getting an old 5/10gig DLT for sunhelp.org, if 8mm media werent
SO DAMNED CHEAP.  I mean, I have a few BOXES (e.g., shoeboxes or bigger)
of old media in my garage.

Bill (mm, just setup bind 9.1.2 as a local caching nameserver for my
home network, I can quit hitting ohno from 8 hops away now...)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX