[SunRescue] Tape drive

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 20 00:59:09 CDT 2001

On May 20, Bill Bradford wrote:
> The datacenter at work, a Sun/Compaq Tru64 hardcore environment, even has
> a SINGLE VMS box.  Doing what?  Fraud analysis/statistics/etc for a
> Baby Bell telco.  Why?  Compaq isnt shitting when they talk about "nonstop".
> Its one of the most reliable, dependable OSes out there, with GREAT security.

  ...but oddly enough, while VMS is easily the most unconditionally
reliable and bulletproof operating system available today, when Compaq
talks about "nonstop" systems, they're primarily referring to what
used to be called the "nonstop" line from Tandem, which Compaq bought
several years ago. :)

> I've got a 3000/600 here I'll probably end up putting it on, once I get
> the other 32mb RAM installed (total of 96mb).

  That will be a neat machine!

         -Dave McGuire