[SunRescue] Tape drive

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 22:58:43 CDT 2001

Have you looked at the plan 9 file system? The way the boys in Murry Hill
have implemented file storage is very cool (RAM to local disks, local disks
to optical discs for long-term backup - files propogate through this
hierarch as they are accessed, if they stagnate, they page out of RAM to
local disk, then local disk to optical - there is only one copy at any one
time - no need to delete in most circumstances, and the backups are keyed to
points in time - like nightly)...

Cool, but a lot of set up for just one tinkerer...

Ken