[SunRescue] Tape drive

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 19:08:49 CDT 2001

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 07:15:04PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> > So, what is the appeal of Netapps, as opposed to a single large hard
> > drive, or a small raid of not so large hard drives?
>
> *blink*
>
> You've obviously never used one. 8-)
<snip>

Your right, I've never used one.  I don't think they've ever been
installed at the places I've worked (I've never worked for a place that
has used Suns to my knowledge either.  Only HPs, IBMs, and really weird
things), and if they had, I wouldn't have touched it since I've never
worked as a sys admin, only as a programmer. Thus, I am not given the cool
toys to play with for the most part.

BTW, on Monday, I start working at Armstrong World Industries in the R&D
center.  Once again, I'm a programmer there, not sys admin.  Hopefully,
this job will carry me till I graduate college.

--
Joshua Boyd