[SunRescue] Well, this will be interesting...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 07:05:52 CDT 2001

As I am in the process of reducing my "box count" I decided to award myself
a nice SS/5-170 Sun refurb from Supersellers. My goal is to have one very
nice SS/5-170 system for my upstairs den (SS/5-170, 256 Meg RAM, S24 AFX
Framebuffer, 2x 4 Gig HDs), and since the Sun Refurb TurboSPARC SS/5-170s
are only $230, I couldn't resist.

I *hope* the shipment will be sent (not "Manifest Pickup" ;^) by Tuesday
End-of-Business, but I can wait... It will be interesting to see where this
transaction goes...

My previous purchases from them have been OK - slow, but OK. The items
purchased are always as he describes them (in my experience), and when a HD
failed, he was very good about replacing it (I ship him the old notebook
drive, he sent me a replacement drive upon arrival).

Ken
(Note: I still have two SS/5-110s w/CG6, 64 Meg RAM, and 4 gig HD for sale
at $100 + actual S/H, est. at $20 each.)