[SunRescue] help a guy run 2.6 on his 670MP

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 18 06:11:48 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> But ARMs don't even have FP units, do they?  I remeber seeing something
> about that on a site about a shark cluster (sharks being the strongarm
> prototype machines that Compaq sold until the intel settlement).

I think you're right.

> Or did you mean the original ARM chips?  What machines use them other than
> the Acorns?

They're reasonably popular in embedded systems cos of their low power
consumption.  They're also used in some set-top boxes, in Psion organisers,
and in some phones.

ARM is still a groovesome architecture to program.

If anyone's interested, I still have an Acorn A4 laptop to dispose of :-)

--
David Cantrell | cthulhu at unixbeard.net | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our "most advanced operating system
   in the world" which we decided to release incomplete just for a laugh