[SunRescue] help a guy run 2.6 on his 670MP

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 21:22:14 CDT 2001

On May 17, Bill Bradford wrote:
> You sure can disable NetInfo - I did so when I had a NeXT box on my
> desk at Texas.Net in '97 - never had a problem...

  Ok, I've been a Unix programmer for upwards of twenty years...myself
and two other guys of similar backgrounds beat on NeXTSTEP to get
rid of NetInfo for literally weeks and got nowhere.  We had
documentation and even a few bits of source.  If there's a magical
switch somewhere, we never found it.  Care to enlighten me? ;)

         -Dave McGuire