[SunRescue] Solaris 8 DNS?

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 19:07:27 CDT 2001

For both Solaris 7 and Solaris 8, the big thing
I know of to fix resolver problems is:

	Unless you're running NIS/NIS+, you don't
	want nscd running.  Even if you are running
	NIS/NIS+, you don't want nscd caching hostnames.
	Either disable nscd entirely (move aside or delete
	/etc/rc2.d/S76nscd) or turn off caching of hosts
	(uncomment the line "enable-cache hosts no" in
	/etc/nscd.conf.)

Other than that, I've had no problem with the
Solaris 7/8 resolver library against BIND 8, BIND 9,
NT4, or W2K-based DNS servers.

  --Rip