[SunRescue] Caldera owns Unix? WTF?

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 14:40:53 CDT 2001

Essentially an outfit called "The Open Group" owns the trademark "UNIX". How
that came to be is a long convoluted tale that requires a Ross Perot chalk
board demonstration. So if Caldera bought the Open Group, they would now own
the trademark to UNIX.

Of course the name "The Open Group" has absolutely nothing to do with Open
Source.

Mike N