[SunRescue] Caldera owns Unix? WTF?

Scotty Logan rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 14:32:42 CDT 2001

Pedantically, Unix isn't trademarked, but UNIX is.  From several of
Sun's web pages:

UNIX is a registered trademark in the United States and other countries,
exclusively licensed through X/Open Company, Ltd.

See http://www.opengroup.org/registration/Brandfees.htm for their
licensing stuff, and the conditions you have to meet to be "UNIX(R)".

I think Caldera gets what used to be AT&T SVR5.4 for Intel, but not the
trademark.

  Scotty

--
Scotty Logan <swl at stanford.edu>