[SunRescue] 450mhz Ultra 2?

Naji Alkateeb rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 14:06:42 CDT 2001

Brian,

The official word is that Ultra 2's only support
processors with up to 2MB of Cache.

We have tried making modifications to the systems,
however, have never been able to get the 450/4mb
CPU's to work.

My techs tell me that they have heard of software fixes
that can trick the Motherboard into thinking that the
processor only has 2MB Cache.... This has never been verified.

The bottom line is why pay for a 450/4 when the 400/2 Mb CPU's designed
for the Ultra 2's are considerably cheaper...

Naji