[SunRescue] help a guy run 2.6 on his 670MP

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 16:32:43 CDT 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Dan Debertin wrote:

> I'd like it to be ;). I have the SPARC architecture manuals, and I've seen
> a few choice bits in e.g. the Unix crash-dump analysis book, but I have as
> yet not seen a good book on learning SPARC assembly.

Sparc Architecture, Assembly Language Programming, and C by Richard Paul.
Not a great guide IMHO but about the best out there from a beginning
perspective.

SPARC Assembly Language Handbook (or something similar) by Sun.  This
isn't the arch manual but instead was published in '87 or so to help
developers because accustomed to SPARC "quirks" (such as delay slots).

UltraSparc-II Reference Manual (downloadable from Sun I believe).  Huge
implementation-specific book that goes into detail on pipelining, design
decisions, etc.

There are also VIS specific guides on Sun's site, as well as some demos by
the "VIS-kids".  :)

-James