Solaris stability and upgrades (was RE: [SunRescue] help a guy run 2.6 on his 670MP)

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 14:42:42 CDT 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001 09:45:05 -0700 (PDT), Peter L. Wargo wrote:

>On Wed, 16 May 2001, Loomis, Rip wrote:
>
>I do not agree with this at all.  I have run dozens of U1's with 64-bit
>Sol 7 (happily editing boot.conf) and had *no* trouble whatsoever.
>Basenji.com is currently a U1/170E running 64-bit, and it runs great.
>My biggest threat to stability is the power in CA.

Move to the city of LA.  LOL
I have DWP (dept of water/power), the rates are really low.  Last 2 months, my bill went DOWN,
with most of the same equipment on.  And even with APC BackUPS on my
two critical SPARCs, they've only beeped for small power dips, I haven't had a single
power problem for the 8 months I've been here.

Just my 2 cents.

Paul