UPDATE = [SunRescue] Hard drive upgrading

Paul Khoury rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 15 20:08:04 CDT 2001

On Tue, 15 May 2001 16:14:18 -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:

>On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 12:17:24PM -0700, Paul Khoury wrote:
>> I tried using mc (midnight commander) to copy each directory/hidden file
>> manually.  Is this acceptable?
>
>If this is under Unix, use ufsdump/ufsrestore, then manually write the
>bootblocks.

While on this topic, does anyone know anything about SIMS (Solaris Internet Mail Server)?
After upgrading the root drive, my mail didn't work, complaining the box was read-only
so now I'm back to the original drive.
I'm thinking now I'll stick with the original drive unless anyone knows of a solution?
I copied the drives with ufsdump and piped output to ufsrestore, and I did the installboot thing,
so everything else worked.

Paul