[SunRescue] Free *squished* 19" GDM-1962B monitor in Central NJ (won't ship). ..

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 10 11:59:06 CDT 2001

Hello all,

I have a GDM-1962b monitor that was case-damaged in shipment - the seller made good on the replacement price, so I am looking to avoid pitching this in the trash...

Here are the details:

	The monitor *mostly* works fine (plugged in, powered up, no
	magic smoke seen escaping), but the image is shifted to one
	side, and none of the external adjustments can bring it back.
	It appears that about 10% of the image is lost (*squished*).

	The case has been cracked, and the adjustment knobs are
	hard to reach/adjust - but they still function OK. The plastic
	stand that rises the monitor off the table (swivel base?) is
	fine.

	The picture is very reasonable, but the tube is 10 years old,
	it may need to be adjusted a bit, image is a*bit* fuzzy.

	There are some broken plastic bits floating around in the
	case, *outside* the internal metal cage (not touching live
	components) - makes a frightful noise when you shift the
	monitor, but does not affect performance at all.

The monitor is to be given away as-is, w/o cables. In my opinion, it would be a reasonable monitro for occasional use in a server room where it would see only light use... A handier person than myself could probably make this into a nice monitor, but I have neither the talent, inclination, or time, since I seem to have about 1.5 monitors per system right now.

I live in Pennington, NJ, and I work in Lambertville, NJ - I'd be happy to make this monitor available to any list member for pick-up. For gas money, I'll drop it off locally (30 minute radius?) but I would prefer local pick-up.

Thanks,

Ken