[SunRescue] PPro Overdrive chips, anyone used them???

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 13:26:52 CDT 2001

Many on these lists indicated they were fond of the PPro processor, so I pose the following for feedback...

At TCF there was a vendor with 333 MHz PPro Overdrive chips for about $80, and I think I've seen them for about $90 on the Internet, any one log any real time with one of these chips?

IIRC, these are PII CPUs with 512K cache, not sure of cache speed though...

Maybe I should have gotten one of those chips instead of going SMP PPro @ 200 MHz (the cost to upgrade will be about $70 - $40 for the VRM, $18 for the CPU, and $10 for the PPro fan)... But hey, the PPro Overdrive chips can't do SMP, IIRC...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ken