[SunRescue] What cdroms work on 3/60 crate with rom 2.8.3?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 12:13:56 CDT 2001

I dug an old 3/60 crate out of the storage dustbin last night and was
trying to get up and running for some fun play.  It has the 2.8.3 rom
revision.  The thing has an external drive/tape shoebox with a sun 0669
drive and a 150mb 18 track (not 60mb 9 track) Sun rommed Archive tape
drive.  It would not read the tape drive or the late model cdrom drive
I was trying to get going on it.  I tried sd(0,18,1/2/3) for the cd
and st() for the tape, but it would not boot from either.  It would
access them.  The hard drive read fine, but, stoopid dunce here dumped
the original sunos into the bitbucket by reformatting the drive on a
VAX to clean it up.

Question:  What tapes and cdroms will this particular revision of 2.8.3
           rom support on a Sun 3/60/C/G?

I vaguely remember that there were some revisions that would support
the 150mb tape and some revisions that would support cdrom, but I am
not able to backtrack to that info.

Any pointers thereto are muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob