[SunRescue] Re: USO (Unidentified Sun Object)

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 7 16:56:35 CDT 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001, James Fogg wrote:

> I have a card from a SS4 that I cannot identify.
> It is an sbus card. During busscan at boot it is called a spif.
> It has a connector the resembles a scsi-2 connector, but much wider.
> It is genuine Sun, and the P/N may be 270-1511-05 rev 50.
> There are jumpers onboard marked RS232 and RS423.
> Any clues would be appreciated.

   501-1511 - Sbus serial/parallel controller

Serial Parallel InterFace card. Useless without the drop box (uses that
honkin' wide connector, connects to a big box with 8 serial and 1
parallel port).

Often on the 270-#### part numbers, it's a PCB part number whereas
501-#### for the same #### will reveal the part description. Just grep for
the #### on the sun hardware reference or sunstuff lists
(www.sunstuff.org/hardware/ has probably the best list).

--Rob
        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows