[SunRescue] metatool / disksuite problems

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 6 09:42:19 CDT 2001

Installed DiskSuite 4.2.1, rebooted, running Metatool to setup the
RAID-5 devices.  However, Metatool dosent show any of the controllers
or disks on the machine, no matter what I do.

I'm running eXceed on my Windows machine, exporting the DISPLAY off
the E250 (which has 6 18G drives) to the PC.

Here's the startup messages from metatool.  Any suggestions?

root at macanudo:~> metatool
Warning: Cannot convert string "lucidasans-bold12" to type FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string "lucidasans8" to type FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string "lucidasans-typewriter12" to type FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string "lucidasans12" to type FontStruct
Initializing metatool... Done.
Discovering drives and slices... macanudo: RPC: Program not registered
macanudo: RPC: Program not registered
macanudo: RPC: Program not registered
Done.
Discovering database replicas... Done.
Discovering hot spare pools... Done.
Discovering concat/stripes...Done.
Discovering RAID devices... Done.
Discovering mirrors... Done.
Discovering trans devices... Done.
Updating mount and swap information... Done.

<it then fires up the X interface>

Looked through inetd, re-enabled the Tooltalk stuff, but that didnt
make a difference...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford