[SunRescue] Re: OT: Advice on Certification

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat May 5 22:03:16 CDT 2001

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 09:27:27PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> > 10Base-2 as network technologies they're familiar with, or people who
> > wear ties to interviews for jobs where they'll be crawling around under
> > desks and behind server racks..

Depeding on the company, wearing a tie while crawling might be
appropriate.  A law office might be one place, at least historically.
Just yesterday I wore a full suit to a network support position.  It was
with an insurance company.  Boy did I feel stupid when the guy
interviewing me walked in wearing jeans and a ripped t-shirt.  I didn't
really want that job anyway.  Just went to the interview because nothing
better came along yet.  I'm not really a network guy, rather more of a
coder.

--
Joshua Boyd