[SunRescue] Re: OT: Advice on Certification

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 4 23:48:20 CDT 2001

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 09:27:27PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> When I interview Windows people, an MSCE is an automatic black mark on
> their score card. It's right up there with listing 10Base-T and
> 10Base-2 as network technologies they're familiar with, or people who
> wear ties to interviews for jobs where they'll be crawling around under
> desks and behind server racks..

Even MS is cracking down on the idiot paper MCSEs - if you dont
"renew" up to Win2000 level MCSE stuff, you *lose* it completely;
e.g., no longer a MCSE.  THis is what I heard from our smart-as-shit
NT guys a couple of months ago.

(yeah, they're NT, but if I had to run something on windows, I'd
want them maintaining the servers...)

Clueless people dont last long around here.  I like it.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net