[SunRescue] Sun3 emulation?

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 1 13:40:32 CDT 2001

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 11:04:14AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I have a friend whose company has a bunch of older binaries (no
> source; it was lost long ago) for SunOS/Sun3 that they'd like
> to be able to run and get to again.  Anybody know of a tool to
> emulate Sun3 (moto 68K) running SunOS on a modern platform?
>
> The 68k emulator wouldnt be hard, but the rest of the "system"
> plus the SunOS stuff would be a bit harder....
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi bill,

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you use the mac68k ports of OpenBSD or
NetBSD, you can compile in SunOS support.

Mac IIci's, etc. are cheap.  You may even be able to use 68040-based Macs,
which would run at faster than natice speeds for character mode apps, I
think.

And you would be running a "real" OS on Mac hardware :-) .

./patrick