[rescue] SS1000 reassembly pictures

David Rouse rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 30 15:48:13 CDT 2001

Just in case anyone is interested, I took a few pictures of my ss1000 as
I put it back together after taking it apart for cleaning (although now
that I look at then pictures I think I should have got something for
cleaning fingerprints off metal).

http://homepage.mac.com/drouse/PhotoAlbum.html

(No people are in the pictures, this isn't unixsex...)

And yes, the domain name might be a little lame, but iTools does let you
put up a picture page pretty quickly. I'll also have to try again when I
can rig up some better lighting and use a tripod.

An interesting note -- I had orginally put in a newish Seagate SCA drive
in the drive tray andd I had used the drives' own rails (it had come
from another Sun box). This time I decided to put the orginal type rails
(from the orginal disk, which had failed). The system would not
recognize the drive. I put the new style rails back on and everything
worked. Why on earth?

--
David Rouse