[rescue] funniest thing I've seen all day

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 23:35:41 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 11:42:43PM -0400, Kevin Loch wrote:
> Is that IE you're using?  WTF?
>
> Bill Bradford wrote:
> > The ad that popped up had to be a coincidence.  I think.
> > http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/lj/compaq.jpg

Different computers for different uses.  I do a lot of video/media
production for a client, so I need a machine that will do stuff
(like HP scanner, Photoshop..)

My four main machines:
	- SunBlade 100, 512meg RAM, Expert3D Lite, 15G, Sun 21", Solaris 8 4/01
	  (general stuff, desktop)
	- K7/Athlon 700Mhz, Abit KT7, 1G RAM, 20G, GeForce 2MX, SBLive!
	  (TV card, video digitizing, PhotoShop, HP USB scanner, MP3 jukebox)
	  (Win2K SP2, also VMWare and RH7.1)
	- PowerMac 7600/200Mhz, 64Meg RAM, 2G HD, MacOS 9.1
	  (for looking at web pages in Mac MSIE/NS/Opera)
	- Ultra 60, 1G RAM, 9G HD, Creator3D, Solaris 8 4/01
	  (headless computer/database/web test environment)

Just because I like Sun machines doesent mean that I have to use them
for EVERYTHING - certain stuff is easier done/created on a Windows
machine due to software and hardware compatibility issues.

I prefer GIMP to PS6 on Windows, but PS6 is better when using it to
touch up slides and negatives I've scanned.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net