[rescue] Re: rescue digest, Vol 1 #1604 - 13 msgs

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 21:52:54 CDT 2001

So, have you done anything else to get that code released?

People keep telling me that Smalltalk is the greatest environment ever.
And from what I've seen it is extremely cool.  I'm currently trying to
learn Squeak enough to do real work in it.

But, from where I sit, LISP looks like king.  As a young programmer
attempting to look into the past, I see what looks like people doing some
especially extrodany things with ease on LISP machines.  True, unlike
Smalltalk, LISP will never be the language for the masses, but that
doesn't mean that it should be the language for a certain elite.

So, while I'm trying to learn Squeak, I'm trying even harder to undertake
the harder task of learning Scheme (guile dialect looks like it has the
most potential).  I've looked at CL, but I think that learning scheme will
better force me to understand the true depths of the language.

--
Joshua Boyd