[rescue] Monty Python - Cheques

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 15:06:39 CDT 2001

> > > But what DID the yanks ever do for us?
> >
> > Ever heard of this wonderful thing called the Internet? 8-)
>
> And if it wasn't for that, we'd still be writing hostnames the right
> way around (MEREDITHM at UK.AC.PORTSMOUTH.CSOVAX).
>
> If it wasn't for The Internet, there would still be some kind of
> internet around...<snip>

I'll have to agree, but only to a minor point.
The real reason that we have the awful mess that we have right now can be
resolved by asking one question:

Who's idea was it top let the clueless masses onto the net in the first
place?  90% of it can be blamed on one or two organizations...

- So Easy to Use, No Wonder It's Number One ...