[rescue] Re:EMACS

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 12:27:59 CDT 2001

My first memories of VI were using it to fix a crippled red hat machine.
Cripple Redhat machine was in one room, windows box with IRC was in
another.  I was running back and forth getting step by step directions on
how to navigate vi to edit the file that needed edited to fix the thing.

Needless to say, I wasn't under as much stress when I learned emacs.  I
just needed a program that could load 100meg text files, and emacs was
free for Windows NT, and it fit the bill.  Downloaded it, and away I went.
I now carry emacs for win32 on a zip disk (and soon a CD) everywhere I go.

--
Joshua Boyd