[rescue] Re:EMACS

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 12:21:43 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 10:55:49AM -0400, James Fogg wrote:
> add software (unless its Red Hat Linux). Its low resource requirements make it
> attractive too (ever try to EMACS on a crippled system?).

my first unix account was on an IBM RT [1] running 4.3 BSD Tahoe.  after all the
other users stopped bitching at me for bringing the machine to its knees by
running emacs i started using vi.  never heard any complaints after that. so
i've just sorta stuck with vi ever since. :)

[1] these things give new meaning to the word slow.  although they are even
    worse with AIX on them. :)

-brian